Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Inspiration from Portland's Yard, Garden and Patio Show


Once again I attended the Garden Writers Association meeting at the Oregon Convention Center.  I was surrounded by inspiration.  First, at the actual show itself, ideas flowed from display gardens, other artists and, of course, plants.  Plants on display, for sale and used to fill out sample gardens.  The above image of a floating display of “helleborus” stopped me in my tracks. 

I knew there was little chance of an amazing image with convention center lighting and no tripod but there was no way to pass up a capturing this gem.  While standing there, it was interesting to see others drawn to this display (arranged by Lucy Hardiman at Perennial Partners).  It was placed at the corner if the table, no doubt by design, to draw folks like me to the area.  It worked. 

Elevated the ISO a bit, held my breath and grabbed a few frames of pure inspiration.  I’ll have to admit, never really gave these plants much of a look before now…how could I have missed this?!  It took viewing at them in a completely different way for me to finally see them.  Shame on me. 

Thank you to all the sponsors, partners and fellow GWA members at the meeting who were also responsible for refilling my inspiration tank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment